Monday, March 23, 2009

Changes in The Back Yard

Last year we rebuild the house, as a result we had to replant the back yard. The only trees that survived were our favorite lemon tree and plum tree.
My target was to add as much fruits trees and bushes as I can, keeping the grass area that gives me a great feeling while staying in budges.
I added a blue berry bush, I choose the “Sunshine Blue” since it’s ever green and has heavy corps. It’s blooming right now with a silvery pink bloom.

I love the small corner that I created there, it has my “Yellow Day Lillis” and I just cannot wait until they will bloom.

In addition I planted three kinds of grapes on the big gazebo next to the house, the main goal was that they will cover the gazebo and give us shadow, fruits and some green color. Since the winter was frigid cold (OK, California frigid cold ) I was happy to see that they actually start having leaves.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dee, thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog. I'm originally a "valley girl" (Oceanside, CA) but have lived on the east coast since marriage (22 years!) Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your garden...I've tried growing blueberry bushes but we have major deer problems..wish I could grow a lemon tree!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dee, Thank you for stopping by my blog. Wa you have lemon tree. I like lemon! Look forward to seeing your new backyard garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, thanks for leaving a comment! You are right, we share a lot of things. I also planted grapes last year - some for fruit and some to cover a gazebo. I also have a Sunshine Blue, although I need to take better care of it. I'll see you soon on your blog! Or on mine!
    Happy gardening and blogging!

    ReplyDelete